Saturday, January 25, 2014
Online voting is open for the annual Oregon Sports Awards, which honor the state’s best and most dedicated high school and college athletes. In the running for two awards are standout Hood River Valley High School athletes Kyle Beam and Giovani Magana.
Online voting for the awards can be found at oregonsportsawards.com.
Beam, a class of 2013 catcher for the HRV baseball team, is up for the Prep Baseball Player of the Year award; he is a finalist running against players Austin Kelly of Clackamas High and Cooper Stiles of Sheldon High.
Magana, a HRVHS sophomore, is up for the Prep Soccer Player of the Year award against Jake McAllister of Sisters High and Christo Michaelson of Jesuit.
Awards will be announced at the Feb. 9 Oregon Sports Awards ceremony.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge