Saturday, January 25, 2014
Online voting is open for the annual Oregon Sports Awards, which honor the state’s best and most dedicated high school and college athletes. In the running for two awards are standout Hood River Valley High School athletes Kyle Beam and Giovani Magana.
Online voting for the awards can be found at oregonsportsawards.com.
Beam, a class of 2013 catcher for the HRV baseball team, is up for the Prep Baseball Player of the Year award; he is a finalist running against players Austin Kelly of Clackamas High and Cooper Stiles of Sheldon High.
Magana, a HRVHS sophomore, is up for the Prep Soccer Player of the Year award against Jake McAllister of Sisters High and Christo Michaelson of Jesuit.
Awards will be announced at the Feb. 9 Oregon Sports Awards ceremony.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge