Saturday, January 25, 2014
Online voting is open for the annual Oregon Sports Awards, which honor the state’s best and most dedicated high school and college athletes. In the running for two awards are standout Hood River Valley High School athletes Kyle Beam and Giovani Magana.
Online voting for the awards can be found at oregonsportsawards.com.
Beam, a class of 2013 catcher for the HRV baseball team, is up for the Prep Baseball Player of the Year award; he is a finalist running against players Austin Kelly of Clackamas High and Cooper Stiles of Sheldon High.
Magana, a HRVHS sophomore, is up for the Prep Soccer Player of the Year award against Jake McAllister of Sisters High and Christo Michaelson of Jesuit.
Awards will be announced at the Feb. 9 Oregon Sports Awards ceremony.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge