Saturday, January 25, 2014
Horizon Christian School varsity boys basketball team upped its winning streak to 13 this week with an 82-51 win at home over south Wasco County. Jared Davis was on fire in his 24½ minutes of play, shooting 11 for 15, or 73 percent, from the field for a team-high 30 points. He also led with nine assists and six steals. Mason Bloomster and Matt Totaro contributed 14 points each, followed by Micah Engel and RJ Hicks, who had seven apiece from lead the team in scoring.
The win is the latest in a string of blowouts the Hawks have amassed, including the last six by 30 points or more. The 1A No. 1-ranked team hosted Condon/Wheeler Friday evening (results not available as of press time) and travel Saturday to Nixyaawii and have a week break in action before playing six games in the final two weeks of the regular season.
n Horizon girls: The tale has been the opposite in Horizon girls action, as the Hawks work through what was expected to be a building season for the young program. Trista Hicks led the team with 13 points and 11 rebounds in Tuesday’s matchup against South Wasco, which ended 47-21 in favor of the Redsides. Chantele Carter and Hannah Kempf had four points each to round out scoring for the Hawks, now 0-6 in Big Sky League action.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge