Saturday, January 25, 2014
‘Still Life’ exhibit opens Feb. 7
Still Life: A Moment in Time celebrates the rich history of still life painting through contemporary artwork. Artists include: Aimee Erickson, Eric Jacobsen, Andy Nichols, Mark Nilsson, Cathleen Rehfeld, Sally Reichmuth, Bill Sharp, Susan Sutherland, and Za Vue.
Opening reception will be on First Friday, Feb. 7, from 6-8 p.m.
And now, a quick club review:
Springhouse Cellar: Tony Smiley
Local favorite Tony Smiley gives a “live music backroom” Tuesday show, 6 p.m. Jan. 28, free and open to all ages. Springhouse is at 13 Railroad Ave.; enter at First and Cascade.
Everybody’s: BPT, Junebug Boys
Bonneville Power Trio (Rick Hulett, Ryan McAlexander and Tim Ortliet) perform Friday at 9:30 p.m., a free show.
The Junebug Boys play at Everybody’s Brewing, White Salmon, 6-8 p.m. on Jan. 26.
The old-timey string band from Hood River features Ben Bonham on vocals, guitar, and dobro; Aaron Keim on vocals and banjo; Ronnie Onitveros on bass and backup vocals; and Kerry Williams on vocals, mandolin, and guitar.
HR Hotel: Hapa Hillbillies
Vintage Hawaiian swing band The Hapa Hillbillies, led by Ben Bonham, performs an all-acoustic show Jan. 27 from 6-8 p.m. in the lobby of the Hood River Hotel.
Double Mountain: Lolo Motion
On Saturday, Jan. 25, Lolo Motion, with its Euro-Americana blend of zydeco-gypsy-funk, will be playing the Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom.
CEBU: Dirt Daubers, Acousta
CEBU Lounge welcomes two acts this weekend:
J.D. Wilkes and The Dirt Daubers on Friday and Delta Halos with Acousta Noir.
Both shows start at 9:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 at the door. This film has not been rated; runtime: 70 minutes. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge