Saturday, January 25, 2014
‘Still Life’ exhibit opens Feb. 7
Still Life: A Moment in Time celebrates the rich history of still life painting through contemporary artwork. Artists include: Aimee Erickson, Eric Jacobsen, Andy Nichols, Mark Nilsson, Cathleen Rehfeld, Sally Reichmuth, Bill Sharp, Susan Sutherland, and Za Vue.
Opening reception will be on First Friday, Feb. 7, from 6-8 p.m.
And now, a quick club review:
Springhouse Cellar: Tony Smiley
Local favorite Tony Smiley gives a “live music backroom” Tuesday show, 6 p.m. Jan. 28, free and open to all ages. Springhouse is at 13 Railroad Ave.; enter at First and Cascade.
Everybody’s: BPT, Junebug Boys
Bonneville Power Trio (Rick Hulett, Ryan McAlexander and Tim Ortliet) perform Friday at 9:30 p.m., a free show.
The Junebug Boys play at Everybody’s Brewing, White Salmon, 6-8 p.m. on Jan. 26.
The old-timey string band from Hood River features Ben Bonham on vocals, guitar, and dobro; Aaron Keim on vocals and banjo; Ronnie Onitveros on bass and backup vocals; and Kerry Williams on vocals, mandolin, and guitar.
HR Hotel: Hapa Hillbillies
Vintage Hawaiian swing band The Hapa Hillbillies, led by Ben Bonham, performs an all-acoustic show Jan. 27 from 6-8 p.m. in the lobby of the Hood River Hotel.
Double Mountain: Lolo Motion
On Saturday, Jan. 25, Lolo Motion, with its Euro-Americana blend of zydeco-gypsy-funk, will be playing the Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom.
CEBU: Dirt Daubers, Acousta
CEBU Lounge welcomes two acts this weekend:
J.D. Wilkes and The Dirt Daubers on Friday and Delta Halos with Acousta Noir.
Both shows start at 9:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 at the door. This film has not been rated; runtime: 70 minutes. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays