Saturday, January 25, 2014
Gorge Soup for Kids’ third-annual dinner will be Feb. 20, a chance for young people to win funding for a business or project.
This year, organizers have announced that Gorge Soup for Kids will allow students to apply for community initiative or the start-up of their business.
Some examples: an individual or group of students doing a public art installation, a charity fundraiser, or a plan to involve people in the community.
The event takes place at 6 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
To purchase tickets, go to: http://bit.ly/19aUmCT.
Community members, groups or businesses are asked to sponsor the event for $100.
Applications for Gorge Soup for Kids are due postmarked by Feb. 5
Any student from the Gorge can apply who meets the following criteria:
n Must be starting a new business or community initiative
n Must be created and implemented by K-12 student
n Must have an adult sponsor
Each business must have income and expenses, but does not have to make a profit. Community initiatives are not required to have income, but should list any other sources of support.
n Must take place in the Gorge
Applications are available for download at gorgesoup.wordpress.com.
Mail them to Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be handwritten.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge