Saturday, January 25, 2014
Gorge Soup for Kids’ third-annual dinner will be Feb. 20, a chance for young people to win funding for a business or project.
This year, organizers have announced that Gorge Soup for Kids will allow students to apply for community initiative or the start-up of their business.
Some examples: an individual or group of students doing a public art installation, a charity fundraiser, or a plan to involve people in the community.
The event takes place at 6 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
To purchase tickets, go to: http://bit.ly/19aUmCT.
Community members, groups or businesses are asked to sponsor the event for $100.
Applications for Gorge Soup for Kids are due postmarked by Feb. 5
Any student from the Gorge can apply who meets the following criteria:
n Must be starting a new business or community initiative
n Must be created and implemented by K-12 student
n Must have an adult sponsor
Each business must have income and expenses, but does not have to make a profit. Community initiatives are not required to have income, but should list any other sources of support.
n Must take place in the Gorge
Applications are available for download at gorgesoup.wordpress.com.
Mail them to Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be handwritten.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge