Saturday, January 25, 2014
Gorge Soup for Kids’ third-annual dinner will be Feb. 20, a chance for young people to win funding for a business or project.
This year, organizers have announced that Gorge Soup for Kids will allow students to apply for community initiative or the start-up of their business.
Some examples: an individual or group of students doing a public art installation, a charity fundraiser, or a plan to involve people in the community.
The event takes place at 6 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery.
To purchase tickets, go to: http://bit.ly/19aUmCT.
Community members, groups or businesses are asked to sponsor the event for $100.
Applications for Gorge Soup for Kids are due postmarked by Feb. 5
Any student from the Gorge can apply who meets the following criteria:
n Must be starting a new business or community initiative
n Must be created and implemented by K-12 student
n Must have an adult sponsor
Each business must have income and expenses, but does not have to make a profit. Community initiatives are not required to have income, but should list any other sources of support.
n Must take place in the Gorge
Applications are available for download at gorgesoup.wordpress.com.
Mail them to Gorge Soup, 14 Oak St., Ste. 302, Hood River, OR 97031. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be handwritten.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge