Saturday, January 25, 2014
Riverside Community Church invites community members to attend a ground-breaking adult education series entitled “Painting the Stars: Science, Religion and an Evolving Faith.”
The highly acclaimed series offers a thoughtful, evocative and awe-inspiring look into the relationship between science and faith.
Guided by the wisdom and experience of leading theologians, scientists and progressive thinkers, participants will explore what it means to be part of a creative process that spans more than 13.7 billion years.
“Those who look at a star-filled sky with awe and seek to ground their faith in a sense of mystery and wonder will find this to be a rich and meaningful series,” said Rev. Vicky Stifter, pastor of Riverside Church. The title comes from a quote from artist Vincent Van Gogh, “When I have a terrible need of — dare I say, ‘religion’? — then I go outside at night and paint the stars.”
The series was first offered on Sunday mornings, and due to popular demand, is returning for an additional run on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. It began Jan. 21 and continues through February. All gatherings will take place at Riverside Community Church, United Church of Christ, Fourth and State streets in Hood River. Childcare is available.
For further information or to register, contact the church office: 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge