Saturday, January 25, 2014
Riverside Community Church invites community members to attend a ground-breaking adult education series entitled “Painting the Stars: Science, Religion and an Evolving Faith.”
The highly acclaimed series offers a thoughtful, evocative and awe-inspiring look into the relationship between science and faith.
Guided by the wisdom and experience of leading theologians, scientists and progressive thinkers, participants will explore what it means to be part of a creative process that spans more than 13.7 billion years.
“Those who look at a star-filled sky with awe and seek to ground their faith in a sense of mystery and wonder will find this to be a rich and meaningful series,” said Rev. Vicky Stifter, pastor of Riverside Church. The title comes from a quote from artist Vincent Van Gogh, “When I have a terrible need of — dare I say, ‘religion’? — then I go outside at night and paint the stars.”
The series was first offered on Sunday mornings, and due to popular demand, is returning for an additional run on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. It began Jan. 21 and continues through February. All gatherings will take place at Riverside Community Church, United Church of Christ, Fourth and State streets in Hood River. Childcare is available.
For further information or to register, contact the church office: 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge