Saturday, January 25, 2014
The Port of Hood River Commission has developed a public process and meeting schedule in preparation for the design and planning of Nichols Basin’s west edge that will include a pedestrian/bicycle path, water access, and landscaping. The work will be guided by a Project Advisory Committee, and include four public meetings to obtain community input.
The first public meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 28, at 6 p.m. at the Port of Hood River conference room. This “Project Initiation” meeting will cover an overview of the project, key issues, project objectives, and public comments.
The second Nichols Basin West Edge Trail public meeting, “Initial Alternatives,” will be held Feb. 13. The advisory committee and members of the public will review and discuss initial concepts prepared by Port of Hood River consultant Walker/Macy, a landscape architecture planning firm.
In March, the Port Commission seeks to refine the project, and will present two design alternatives for Nichols Basin’s west bank at a public meeting on March 11.
A final project public meeting will be April 8 to review refinements to the preferred plan. All meetings will begin at 6 p.m. at the Port conference room at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive in Hood River.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge