Saturday, January 25, 2014
The first Dive-In Movie in Hood River happens Saturday at the Hood River Aquatic Center.
Bring your inner tube (or rent one there) and settle into the water for “Finding Nemo,” the classic Disney/Pixar animated adventure. Donations will be accepted at the door.
Dive-in Movie is a fundraiser for the Hood River Parks and Recreation District, in association with local sponsors.
DIVE IN BASICS
Open swim at 5:30, or come for the film at 6:30.
Admission: By donation.
Stay dry or get wet: You don’t have to swim to watch the movie.
Seating will be provided
on the deck.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes are available for a $2 rental fee.
The screen and projector used is the same one used in Movies in the Park in Hood River and Cascade Locks. It is provided by Community Education and the Parks and Rec District.
The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. with an open swim prior to the movie, which starts at 6:30 p.m.
It is sponsored by Central Practice association, PageWorks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and the Parks and Rec District.
Money raised will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for the upper valley.
The pool is located at 17th and May streets.
This is an all-ages event; seating will be provided on deck if you don’t want to go in the water.
The screen will be placed at the west end of the facility, next to the therapy pool.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge