Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
Johnny Olen Van Ras went home to the Lord on Jan. 17, 2014. Johnny was born Jan. 26, 1931, in Haynes, N.D., to Mabel (Olson) and Herman Van Ras.
There will be a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, Feb. 8, at 11 a.m. at the Hood River Valley Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A full obituary will appear in a coming edition of the News.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge