Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
Johnny Olen Van Ras went home to the Lord on Jan. 17, 2014. Johnny was born Jan. 26, 1931, in Haynes, N.D., to Mabel (Olson) and Herman Van Ras.
There will be a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, Feb. 8, at 11 a.m. at the Hood River Valley Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A full obituary will appear in a coming edition of the News.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge