Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
Johnny Olen Van Ras went home to the Lord on Jan. 17, 2014. Johnny was born Jan. 26, 1931, in Haynes, N.D., to Mabel (Olson) and Herman Van Ras.
There will be a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, Feb. 8, at 11 a.m. at the Hood River Valley Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A full obituary will appear in a coming edition of the News.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge