Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
Johnny Olen Van Ras went home to the Lord on Jan. 17, 2014. Johnny was born Jan. 26, 1931, in Haynes, N.D., to Mabel (Olson) and Herman Van Ras.
There will be a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, Feb. 8, at 11 a.m. at the Hood River Valley Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A full obituary will appear in a coming edition of the News.
More like this story
- Death Notices, Oct. 18 edition:
- Service Announcement, Oct. 18 edition: Jack Thornton
- ‘Heart of Gold’ nominations sought
- Slowdowns on I-84 Thursday due to blasting
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge