Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Levi Roeseler of Hood River was named to the fall 2013 president’s honor roll at Montana State University in Bozeman, for achieving a 4.0 grade point average.
Making the dean’s honor roll, with 3.5 GPA or higher were Hood River’s Isaac Bubb, Alyson Hicks-Lynch and Kirra Paulus.
Emily Ing and Rose Reynolds of Hood River were named to the Linfield College fall semester dean’s list. In order to be named to the dean’s list, students must complete 12 graded credits and be in the top 10 percent of their class.
Linfield is located in McMinnville.
Little-known fact: 53 percent female, 47 percent male: the gender ratio in the Hood River County School District in 2013-14.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge