Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Levi Roeseler of Hood River was named to the fall 2013 president’s honor roll at Montana State University in Bozeman, for achieving a 4.0 grade point average.
Making the dean’s honor roll, with 3.5 GPA or higher were Hood River’s Isaac Bubb, Alyson Hicks-Lynch and Kirra Paulus.
Emily Ing and Rose Reynolds of Hood River were named to the Linfield College fall semester dean’s list. In order to be named to the dean’s list, students must complete 12 graded credits and be in the top 10 percent of their class.
Linfield is located in McMinnville.
Little-known fact: 53 percent female, 47 percent male: the gender ratio in the Hood River County School District in 2013-14.
More like this story
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge