Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Young adult author Marissa Meyer will giving a free writing workshop on Wednesday, Feb. 5, at the Hood River County Library (502 State St, Hood River). The event starts at 6:30 p.m. Meyer will be discussing how all of her novels in the “Lunar Chronicles” series started as National Novel Writing Month projects and how they were published by a large publishing house.
Each “Lunar Chronicles” book entails a new take on an old fairy tale, including Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Snow White. The story takes place in a futuristic world where humans, cyborgs, and androids all coexist. Meyer's newest book, “Cress,” is the third book in the Lunar Chronicles series. This event is co-sponsored by Waucoma Bookstore and the Hood River County Library.
About the Book
In this third book in Marissa Meyer's bestselling “Lunar Chronicles” series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and prevent her army from invading Earth.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl trapped on a satellite since childhood who’s only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s being forced to work for Queen Levana, and she’s just received orders to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge