Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Hood River County School District is initiating a rigorous search process to find a top-notch principal to lead Hood River Valley High School next year and into the future.
Have Your Say
The school district needs your input on identifying an “A+” principal
Take the survey: hoodriver.k12.or.us.
Last year, the district conducted a search for a new high school principal and did not find a permanent replacement. Rich Polkinghorn, who was a current vice principal at Hood River Valley High School, agreed to serve as interim principal for the current 2013-14 school year.
The school district is committed to engaging staff, students and community members in the process.
Applications for the position will be accepted beginning Jan. 30 through Feb. 20. The superintendent is currently gathering input on the qualities and qualifications for our next high school principal through a brief online survey, as well as meeting with staff and students.
The survey can be found on the District’s home webpage at hoodriver.k12.or.us.
“The goal of the process is to engage the whole school community in identifying an ‘A-plus principal’ for our ‘A-plus high school.’ No one short of exceptional will do,” said Dan Goldman, HRCSD superintendent.
More like this story
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
- Harvest Quilt fundraiser on now
- Kegler's Corner: Jeff Furlong stars at Orchard Lanes
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge