Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Hood River County School District is initiating a rigorous search process to find a top-notch principal to lead Hood River Valley High School next year and into the future.
Have Your Say
The school district needs your input on identifying an “A+” principal
Take the survey: hoodriver.k12.or.us.
Last year, the district conducted a search for a new high school principal and did not find a permanent replacement. Rich Polkinghorn, who was a current vice principal at Hood River Valley High School, agreed to serve as interim principal for the current 2013-14 school year.
The school district is committed to engaging staff, students and community members in the process.
Applications for the position will be accepted beginning Jan. 30 through Feb. 20. The superintendent is currently gathering input on the qualities and qualifications for our next high school principal through a brief online survey, as well as meeting with staff and students.
The survey can be found on the District’s home webpage at hoodriver.k12.or.us.
“The goal of the process is to engage the whole school community in identifying an ‘A-plus principal’ for our ‘A-plus high school.’ No one short of exceptional will do,” said Dan Goldman, HRCSD superintendent.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge