Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Hood River County School District is initiating a rigorous search process to find a top-notch principal to lead Hood River Valley High School next year and into the future.
Have Your Say
The school district needs your input on identifying an “A+” principal
Take the survey: hoodriver.k12.or.us.
Last year, the district conducted a search for a new high school principal and did not find a permanent replacement. Rich Polkinghorn, who was a current vice principal at Hood River Valley High School, agreed to serve as interim principal for the current 2013-14 school year.
The school district is committed to engaging staff, students and community members in the process.
Applications for the position will be accepted beginning Jan. 30 through Feb. 20. The superintendent is currently gathering input on the qualities and qualifications for our next high school principal through a brief online survey, as well as meeting with staff and students.
The survey can be found on the District’s home webpage at hoodriver.k12.or.us.
“The goal of the process is to engage the whole school community in identifying an ‘A-plus principal’ for our ‘A-plus high school.’ No one short of exceptional will do,” said Dan Goldman, HRCSD superintendent.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge