Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Hood River County School District is initiating a rigorous search process to find a top-notch principal to lead Hood River Valley High School next year and into the future.
Have Your Say
The school district needs your input on identifying an “A+” principal
Take the survey: hoodriver.k12.or.us.
Last year, the district conducted a search for a new high school principal and did not find a permanent replacement. Rich Polkinghorn, who was a current vice principal at Hood River Valley High School, agreed to serve as interim principal for the current 2013-14 school year.
The school district is committed to engaging staff, students and community members in the process.
Applications for the position will be accepted beginning Jan. 30 through Feb. 20. The superintendent is currently gathering input on the qualities and qualifications for our next high school principal through a brief online survey, as well as meeting with staff and students.
The survey can be found on the District’s home webpage at hoodriver.k12.or.us.
“The goal of the process is to engage the whole school community in identifying an ‘A-plus principal’ for our ‘A-plus high school.’ No one short of exceptional will do,” said Dan Goldman, HRCSD superintendent.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge