Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Middle school track volunteers, coaches needed
Hood River’s newly named middle school head coach, Shawnie Emmons, is busy organizing and assembling resources for the middle school track season, which starts March 31 for HRMS and April 1 for Wy’east. Anyone willing to volunteer can contact Emmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little League sign-ups Feb. 4-6
Hood River Little League will hold sign-ups for the spring/summer season Feb. 4 and 6, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside, Parkdale and Mid Valley elementary schools. Tryouts are scheduled for March 1 and 3 at Hood River Valley High School. For info visit hoodriverlittleleague.org.
HR Babe Ruth returning, sign-ups Jan. 29, Feb. 9
After several years’ hiatus, the Hood River Babe Ruth youth baseball program is coming back.Sign-ups are scheduled for Jan. 29 and Feb. 9, 6-9 p.m. at the HRVHS indoor batting facility. The program is open to players ages 12-15 and costs $90 for the season.
HRVHS baseball fundraiser Feb. 8
Hood River Valley High School varsity baseball is hosting a fundraiser dinner and silent auction Feb. 8 to benefit the program and continued improvements to the team’s home field. The event starts at 5:30 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar in downtown Hood River and includes live music by Tony Smiley, dinner and a silent auction, all for $20 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance at Windmaster Market, Doug’s Sports or the HRVHS office.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge