Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Interested in learning more about the burgeoning effort to support bicycling and the way it connects to the local economy?
The next Green Drinks event is your opportunity, July 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Cascade Locks’ Marine Park Pavilion.
For the past several years the Port of Cascade Locks has partnered with the Green Living Journal to host a Green Drinks event for the Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!). Next week’s Green Drinks builds on last year’s Electric Vehicle theme.
This year’s theme is “Bikes Mean Business.”
The pavilion is located in Marine Park, 355 Wa Na Pa St.
Green Drinks will start with networking event for local business owners and the public, followed by a presentation by Travel Oregon about the new “Bike Friendly Business” Program.
Vendors and demos will also be on hand, and food and beer will be provided by the Cascade Locks Ale House and Thunder Island Brewing.
Also available is a no-host bike ride on the Historic Highway State Trail following the event. Last year, Oregon Department of Transportation extended the State Trail from McCord Creek to Cascade Locks, making it possible to cycle from Cascade Locks to Troutdale.
The event is free but a small donation to GO! is suggested.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge