Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Interested in learning more about the burgeoning effort to support bicycling and the way it connects to the local economy?
The next Green Drinks event is your opportunity, July 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Cascade Locks’ Marine Park Pavilion.
For the past several years the Port of Cascade Locks has partnered with the Green Living Journal to host a Green Drinks event for the Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!). Next week’s Green Drinks builds on last year’s Electric Vehicle theme.
This year’s theme is “Bikes Mean Business.”
The pavilion is located in Marine Park, 355 Wa Na Pa St.
Green Drinks will start with networking event for local business owners and the public, followed by a presentation by Travel Oregon about the new “Bike Friendly Business” Program.
Vendors and demos will also be on hand, and food and beer will be provided by the Cascade Locks Ale House and Thunder Island Brewing.
Also available is a no-host bike ride on the Historic Highway State Trail following the event. Last year, Oregon Department of Transportation extended the State Trail from McCord Creek to Cascade Locks, making it possible to cycle from Cascade Locks to Troutdale.
The event is free but a small donation to GO! is suggested.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed