Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Interested in learning more about the burgeoning effort to support bicycling and the way it connects to the local economy?
The next Green Drinks event is your opportunity, July 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Cascade Locks’ Marine Park Pavilion.
For the past several years the Port of Cascade Locks has partnered with the Green Living Journal to host a Green Drinks event for the Gorge Owned Business Network (GO!). Next week’s Green Drinks builds on last year’s Electric Vehicle theme.
This year’s theme is “Bikes Mean Business.”
The pavilion is located in Marine Park, 355 Wa Na Pa St.
Green Drinks will start with networking event for local business owners and the public, followed by a presentation by Travel Oregon about the new “Bike Friendly Business” Program.
Vendors and demos will also be on hand, and food and beer will be provided by the Cascade Locks Ale House and Thunder Island Brewing.
Also available is a no-host bike ride on the Historic Highway State Trail following the event. Last year, Oregon Department of Transportation extended the State Trail from McCord Creek to Cascade Locks, making it possible to cycle from Cascade Locks to Troutdale.
The event is free but a small donation to GO! is suggested.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge