Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Hood River County School District Summer Meals program started June 30 and will run through July 22 at Mid Valley Elementary cafeteria, 3686 David Dr., Odell.
Anyone 18 or under eats free; cost for adults is $3.75. Breakfast will be served from 7:15 to 8 a.m., and lunch from 10:55 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee or registration; just show up and eat. The service is made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. For details call 541-387-5011.
In the North Wasco School District, all children 18 years of age or younger who come to one of the following locations may receive free lunches Monday through Friday through July 17: Colonel Wright Elementary, The Dalles School, Sunrise Estates Apartments, Casa Lomas Apartments, and The Dalles Skatepark.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge