Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Hood River County School District Summer Meals program started June 30 and will run through July 22 at Mid Valley Elementary cafeteria, 3686 David Dr., Odell.
Anyone 18 or under eats free; cost for adults is $3.75. Breakfast will be served from 7:15 to 8 a.m., and lunch from 10:55 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee or registration; just show up and eat. The service is made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. For details call 541-387-5011.
In the North Wasco School District, all children 18 years of age or younger who come to one of the following locations may receive free lunches Monday through Friday through July 17: Colonel Wright Elementary, The Dalles School, Sunrise Estates Apartments, Casa Lomas Apartments, and The Dalles Skatepark.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge