Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Hood River County School District Summer Meals program started June 30 and will run through July 22 at Mid Valley Elementary cafeteria, 3686 David Dr., Odell.
Anyone 18 or under eats free; cost for adults is $3.75. Breakfast will be served from 7:15 to 8 a.m., and lunch from 10:55 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee or registration; just show up and eat. The service is made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. For details call 541-387-5011.
In the North Wasco School District, all children 18 years of age or younger who come to one of the following locations may receive free lunches Monday through Friday through July 17: Colonel Wright Elementary, The Dalles School, Sunrise Estates Apartments, Casa Lomas Apartments, and The Dalles Skatepark.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge