Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Hood River County School District Summer Meals program started June 30 and will run through July 22 at Mid Valley Elementary cafeteria, 3686 David Dr., Odell.
Anyone 18 or under eats free; cost for adults is $3.75. Breakfast will be served from 7:15 to 8 a.m., and lunch from 10:55 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee or registration; just show up and eat. The service is made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. For details call 541-387-5011.
In the North Wasco School District, all children 18 years of age or younger who come to one of the following locations may receive free lunches Monday through Friday through July 17: Colonel Wright Elementary, The Dalles School, Sunrise Estates Apartments, Casa Lomas Apartments, and The Dalles Skatepark.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge