Wednesday, July 2, 2014
The Hood River County School District Summer Meals program started June 30 and will run through July 22 at Mid Valley Elementary cafeteria, 3686 David Dr., Odell.
Anyone 18 or under eats free; cost for adults is $3.75. Breakfast will be served from 7:15 to 8 a.m., and lunch from 10:55 a.m. to noon.
There is no fee or registration; just show up and eat. The service is made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. For details call 541-387-5011.
In the North Wasco School District, all children 18 years of age or younger who come to one of the following locations may receive free lunches Monday through Friday through July 17: Colonel Wright Elementary, The Dalles School, Sunrise Estates Apartments, Casa Lomas Apartments, and The Dalles Skatepark.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge