Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Ever wonder where the water comes from to feed Hood River’s local orchards? The Hood River Watershed Group invites you to join Middle Fork Irrigation District (MFID) and Farmers Conservation Alliance on this tour through one of the main irrigation districts in the Hood River Valley. Middle Fork Irrigation District supplies irrigation water to over 6,000 acres in the upper Hood River Valley. On this tour, we’ll explore MFID’s water diversion and distribution system, hydropower operations, and recent upgrades. In addition, we’ll learn about the district’s efforts to conserve water and improve their system for both fish and farmers.
This tour will be held Saturday, July 12 from 9:30 a.m-2:30 p.m. Space is limited, so register today with Hood River Community Education at hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or by calling 541-386-2055. For more information, contact Megan Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-386-6063.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge