Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Ever wonder where the water comes from to feed Hood River’s local orchards? The Hood River Watershed Group invites you to join Middle Fork Irrigation District (MFID) and Farmers Conservation Alliance on this tour through one of the main irrigation districts in the Hood River Valley. Middle Fork Irrigation District supplies irrigation water to over 6,000 acres in the upper Hood River Valley. On this tour, we’ll explore MFID’s water diversion and distribution system, hydropower operations, and recent upgrades. In addition, we’ll learn about the district’s efforts to conserve water and improve their system for both fish and farmers.
This tour will be held Saturday, July 12 from 9:30 a.m-2:30 p.m. Space is limited, so register today with Hood River Community Education at hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or by calling 541-386-2055. For more information, contact Megan Saunders at email@example.com or 541-386-6063.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events