Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Blanca Cuevas and Damián Rodriguez, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Blanca Sandoval of Hood River. Her stepfather is Jose Vazquez, also of Hood River. She is a 2012 graduate of Hood River Valley High School. She is currently enrolled in Columbia Gorge Community College and works as a data entry support specialist at Mid-Columbia Children’s Council.
The future groom is the son of Martha Gonzalez and Juan M. Rodriguez of El Grullo, Jalisco, Mexico. He is a 2009 Hood River Valley High School graduate and works as a waiter at the Crazy Pepper Cantina and The Riverside.
The couple has been dating since 2007.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge