Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Blanca Cuevas and Damián Rodriguez, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Blanca Sandoval of Hood River. Her stepfather is Jose Vazquez, also of Hood River. She is a 2012 graduate of Hood River Valley High School. She is currently enrolled in Columbia Gorge Community College and works as a data entry support specialist at Mid-Columbia Children’s Council.
The future groom is the son of Martha Gonzalez and Juan M. Rodriguez of El Grullo, Jalisco, Mexico. He is a 2009 Hood River Valley High School graduate and works as a waiter at the Crazy Pepper Cantina and The Riverside.
The couple has been dating since 2007.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge