Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Blanca Cuevas and Damián Rodriguez, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Blanca Sandoval of Hood River. Her stepfather is Jose Vazquez, also of Hood River. She is a 2012 graduate of Hood River Valley High School. She is currently enrolled in Columbia Gorge Community College and works as a data entry support specialist at Mid-Columbia Children’s Council.
The future groom is the son of Martha Gonzalez and Juan M. Rodriguez of El Grullo, Jalisco, Mexico. He is a 2009 Hood River Valley High School graduate and works as a waiter at the Crazy Pepper Cantina and The Riverside.
The couple has been dating since 2007.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge