Saturday, July 26, 2014
The Hood River County Planning Department has approved a commercial land use permit for Mt. Hood Meadows ski resort to construct a gravel park and ride area in the community of Mount Hood.
The parking lot is to be developed on three parcels of land located near the intersection of Highway 35 and Cooper Spur Road on Corner Loop Road. The gravel lot is proposed to have 249 spaces that would be spread over approximately 2.7 acres that is zoned Mount Hood Unincorporated Community Commercial. Two porta potties are also planned for location on the site.
According to application documents, the land is owned by Braden Hurt, a Vancouver, Wash., resident, by way of a limited liability company called, Allurt, Co., LLC.
Steve Warila, writing on behalf of project applicant Mt. Hood Meadows, states in the application that the parking lot would be used to “serve guests and employees” of the ski resort to use as “short-term parking of private vehicles” as well as for “shuttle bus service to Mt. Hood Meadows ski area.”
According to Eric Walker, principal planner for the county, the parking lot is an outright allowed use due to the commercial zoning of the parcel and does not require a public hearing or public notification. Notice of the application was sent out to affected agencies, including county and state agencies as well as local fire, water, and irrigation districts. No construction timeline for the parking lot was mentioned in the provided documents, although it was noted the parking lot would be constructed in phases.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge