Wednesday, June 4, 2014
The Oregon Enduro Series returns to Hood River this weekend for the first of five states in the statewide mountain biking series. The Hood River stage includes seven sections of racing over two days — June 7-8 — on County Forestry trails and property in the Post Canyon area. An expo and home base for the event will be set up at the bottom of Post Canyon Road.
For many, the series kicks off both the Oregon Enduro Series and the North American Enduro Tour, which is a points-based championship that brings together many of the nation’s best mountain bikers to compete for points and rankings in events across the country. For others, the Hood River stage is a once-a-year activity that provides a competitive structure for riding the trails they know and love.
Enduro-style racing requires a balance of both technical bike-handling skills and physical fitness, and over the last four years the Hood River course has established itself as one the most challenging, and rewarding, stops in the series.
Recreational biking may be affected during the event. The first day starts on the 170 trail, near Kinglsey Reservoir and runs in four stages down to a finish area at Post Canyon Creek near the bottom of the Spaghetti Factory trail. The second day consists of four stages, starting near Kingsley and running along the western ridge trails, including Mitchell Ridge, to the bottom of Post Canyon.
For maps of the course and registration info, visit oregonenduro.com.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge