Wednesday, June 4, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Russell as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Russell is about 9 years old and just a silly, happy fella! He’s the first to find the toys, and the first to hop in the car, and the first to find a friend. He just loves life to its fullest and can’t wait for the next surprise!
“He is great with other dogs and completely adores kids, probably because they have the same zest as he. Don’t get the wrong idea, though, because he’s also calm and knows how to relax. And who can help but cuddle with this soft, funny boy?
“Russell has a long coat that needs to be groomed regularly but he’s fine with that, because usually a treat goes along with a haircut!”
Russell is current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $115. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Russell at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge