Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
A Celebration of Life for Johnny Olen Van Ras, who passed away Jan. 17, 2014, will be held at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, on Saturday, June 21, at 1 p.m.
Johnny is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, his sister Florence Chandler and his three sons, Scot, Vic and Joe. In addition, he has six grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A Celebration of Life for Lydia Vallier (Gaines) Cagle, who passed away June 2, 2014, will be held Saturday, June 21, at 1:30 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Jack Robert Smith, 90, passed away in Portland, Ore., June 14, 2014. Jack was born Nov. 21, 1923, in Jamesport, Mo., to Clay Warren and Avelon Clark Smith.
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 20, at the Eastside Church of Christ, 9030 N.E. Glisan, in Portland, beginning at 11 a.m.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge