Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
A Celebration of Life for Johnny Olen Van Ras, who passed away Jan. 17, 2014, will be held at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, on Saturday, June 21, at 1 p.m.
Johnny is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, his sister Florence Chandler and his three sons, Scot, Vic and Joe. In addition, he has six grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A Celebration of Life for Lydia Vallier (Gaines) Cagle, who passed away June 2, 2014, will be held Saturday, June 21, at 1:30 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Jack Robert Smith, 90, passed away in Portland, Ore., June 14, 2014. Jack was born Nov. 21, 1923, in Jamesport, Mo., to Clay Warren and Avelon Clark Smith.
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 20, at the Eastside Church of Christ, 9030 N.E. Glisan, in Portland, beginning at 11 a.m.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge