Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Johnny Van Ras
A Celebration of Life for Johnny Olen Van Ras, who passed away Jan. 17, 2014, will be held at the Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, on Saturday, June 21, at 1 p.m.
Johnny is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, his sister Florence Chandler and his three sons, Scot, Vic and Joe. In addition, he has six grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations may be made to the veterans organization of your choice.
A Celebration of Life for Lydia Vallier (Gaines) Cagle, who passed away June 2, 2014, will be held Saturday, June 21, at 1:30 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Jack Robert Smith, 90, passed away in Portland, Ore., June 14, 2014. Jack was born Nov. 21, 1923, in Jamesport, Mo., to Clay Warren and Avelon Clark Smith.
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 20, at the Eastside Church of Christ, 9030 N.E. Glisan, in Portland, beginning at 11 a.m.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge