Saturday, March 1, 2014
Jurgen Hess of Hood River leads two photography classes this spring. The classes cost $70 each. This is what is covered in each class:
Basic Digital Photography I
n How to use your camera — settings, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, memory cards, etc.
n Subjects — people, landscapes, action, close-ups, learning correct exposure
n Downloading and organizing images on computer, emailing images
n Photo composition
n Enhancements — cropping, contrast, etc.
The class runs 6:30-8:30 p.m. May 6, 13, 20 and June 3 and 10, with a field trip May 31. Requirements: basic computer skills, ability to read a camera manual, and a camera with adjustable controls
Digital Photography II
n Refresher — camera controls, settings, exposure, downloading, resizing, etc.
n Learn advanced techniques for shooting landscape, close-up, people, sports, panning
n Using different lens, tripod, filters, camera RAW, WB, workflow; understanding lighting
n Image composition — getting the photo you want and what your mind’s eye sees
n Group/instructor critiques
n Printing, photo enhancements: Lightroom, Adobe Elements
The class runs 6:30-8:30 p.m. May 7, 14, 21, 28 and June 4, with a field trip June 1. Participants must have computer skills, and have taken the basic class or gain instructor’s approval.
Register at Hood River Community Ed, hrcommunityed.org or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge