Saturday, March 1, 2014
Jurgen Hess of Hood River leads two photography classes this spring. The classes cost $70 each. This is what is covered in each class:
Basic Digital Photography I
n How to use your camera — settings, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, memory cards, etc.
n Subjects — people, landscapes, action, close-ups, learning correct exposure
n Downloading and organizing images on computer, emailing images
n Photo composition
n Enhancements — cropping, contrast, etc.
The class runs 6:30-8:30 p.m. May 6, 13, 20 and June 3 and 10, with a field trip May 31. Requirements: basic computer skills, ability to read a camera manual, and a camera with adjustable controls
Digital Photography II
n Refresher — camera controls, settings, exposure, downloading, resizing, etc.
n Learn advanced techniques for shooting landscape, close-up, people, sports, panning
n Using different lens, tripod, filters, camera RAW, WB, workflow; understanding lighting
n Image composition — getting the photo you want and what your mind’s eye sees
n Group/instructor critiques
n Printing, photo enhancements: Lightroom, Adobe Elements
The class runs 6:30-8:30 p.m. May 7, 14, 21, 28 and June 4, with a field trip June 1. Participants must have computer skills, and have taken the basic class or gain instructor’s approval.
Register at Hood River Community Ed, hrcommunityed.org or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge