Saturday, March 1, 2014
The Hood River Valley High School baseball progam is hosting a fundraiser Saturday, March 1, at Springhouse Cellar at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $20, which includes a barbecue dinner and music by Hood River band Ten Thirty. There will be a silent auction with many great items up for bid along with a live auction, where groups of baseball players will be auctioned off.
Money raised during the event will help fund the entire program, continue building the ball field and upgrades to the facility.
Tickets may be purchased at Doug’s Sports, Windmaster Market, high school’ front office, or at the door.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge