Saturday, March 1, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Rebecca as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe her as follows:
“Rebecca is about 2-3 years old and maybe 15 pounds; a Schnauzer mix. She came to the shelter a scared, anxious, nervous-jervous; but just a week in a foster home, and Rebecca has found her groove! She gets daily walks with the other dogs and is loving life!
“She used to drag the big ol’ dog bed into the middle of the living room and declare it hers and wouldn’t let anyone walk by without a few “words” from her, but she’s stopped that silliness and gladly shares with everyone.
“She completely adores people, car rides, walks, other dogs, treats — let’s see, what else? — oh, just figure this happy girl loves everything!”
Rebecca is current on shots, microchipped and spayed. Her adoption fee is $165. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Rebecca at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge