Saturday, March 1, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Rebecca as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe her as follows:
“Rebecca is about 2-3 years old and maybe 15 pounds; a Schnauzer mix. She came to the shelter a scared, anxious, nervous-jervous; but just a week in a foster home, and Rebecca has found her groove! She gets daily walks with the other dogs and is loving life!
“She used to drag the big ol’ dog bed into the middle of the living room and declare it hers and wouldn’t let anyone walk by without a few “words” from her, but she’s stopped that silliness and gladly shares with everyone.
“She completely adores people, car rides, walks, other dogs, treats — let’s see, what else? — oh, just figure this happy girl loves everything!”
Rebecca is current on shots, microchipped and spayed. Her adoption fee is $165. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Rebecca at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge