Saturday, March 1, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Rebecca as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe her as follows:
“Rebecca is about 2-3 years old and maybe 15 pounds; a Schnauzer mix. She came to the shelter a scared, anxious, nervous-jervous; but just a week in a foster home, and Rebecca has found her groove! She gets daily walks with the other dogs and is loving life!
“She used to drag the big ol’ dog bed into the middle of the living room and declare it hers and wouldn’t let anyone walk by without a few “words” from her, but she’s stopped that silliness and gladly shares with everyone.
“She completely adores people, car rides, walks, other dogs, treats — let’s see, what else? — oh, just figure this happy girl loves everything!”
Rebecca is current on shots, microchipped and spayed. Her adoption fee is $165. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Rebecca at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge