Saturday, March 1, 2014
Winter sports are quickly coming to a close, but not before a blizzard of activitiy to end the season with excitement.
Here’s what’s in store for the next seven days:
n HRVHS wrestlers are at the state tournament through Saturday night. The Eagles qualified nine to state and will be batting through the brackets at the Memorial Coliseum. Final rounds run Saturday from 6:30-9:45 p.m. Real-time updates can be found at osaa.org/activities/wre.
n Horizon Christian School boys basketball hosts a state playoff game against the Crane Mustangs at 7 p.m. Saturday in the team’s quest for a 1A state title. Arrive early if you want to get a good seat.
n State skiing runs Monday through Friday next week at Mt. Hood Meadows, where HRVHS athletes are expected to make a solid showing. Freestyle events are the first two days, Wednesday is a practice day and the next two days will be downhill action.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge