Saturday, March 1, 2014
Winter sports are quickly coming to a close, but not before a blizzard of activitiy to end the season with excitement.
Here’s what’s in store for the next seven days:
n HRVHS wrestlers are at the state tournament through Saturday night. The Eagles qualified nine to state and will be batting through the brackets at the Memorial Coliseum. Final rounds run Saturday from 6:30-9:45 p.m. Real-time updates can be found at osaa.org/activities/wre.
n Horizon Christian School boys basketball hosts a state playoff game against the Crane Mustangs at 7 p.m. Saturday in the team’s quest for a 1A state title. Arrive early if you want to get a good seat.
n State skiing runs Monday through Friday next week at Mt. Hood Meadows, where HRVHS athletes are expected to make a solid showing. Freestyle events are the first two days, Wednesday is a practice day and the next two days will be downhill action.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge