Saturday, March 1, 2014
Winter sports are quickly coming to a close, but not before a blizzard of activitiy to end the season with excitement.
Here’s what’s in store for the next seven days:
n HRVHS wrestlers are at the state tournament through Saturday night. The Eagles qualified nine to state and will be batting through the brackets at the Memorial Coliseum. Final rounds run Saturday from 6:30-9:45 p.m. Real-time updates can be found at osaa.org/activities/wre.
n Horizon Christian School boys basketball hosts a state playoff game against the Crane Mustangs at 7 p.m. Saturday in the team’s quest for a 1A state title. Arrive early if you want to get a good seat.
n State skiing runs Monday through Friday next week at Mt. Hood Meadows, where HRVHS athletes are expected to make a solid showing. Freestyle events are the first two days, Wednesday is a practice day and the next two days will be downhill action.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge