Saturday, March 1, 2014
Winter sports are quickly coming to a close, but not before a blizzard of activitiy to end the season with excitement.
Here’s what’s in store for the next seven days:
n HRVHS wrestlers are at the state tournament through Saturday night. The Eagles qualified nine to state and will be batting through the brackets at the Memorial Coliseum. Final rounds run Saturday from 6:30-9:45 p.m. Real-time updates can be found at osaa.org/activities/wre.
n Horizon Christian School boys basketball hosts a state playoff game against the Crane Mustangs at 7 p.m. Saturday in the team’s quest for a 1A state title. Arrive early if you want to get a good seat.
n State skiing runs Monday through Friday next week at Mt. Hood Meadows, where HRVHS athletes are expected to make a solid showing. Freestyle events are the first two days, Wednesday is a practice day and the next two days will be downhill action.
More like this story
- Hey, Dustin, The Wearhouse has your jacket
- Death notices for July 2: Floyd Carter and Michael Hill
- Service Announcement for July 1: Ellis Tanner
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge