Saturday, March 1, 2014
Winter sports are quickly coming to a close, but not before a blizzard of activitiy to end the season with excitement.
Here’s what’s in store for the next seven days:
n HRVHS wrestlers are at the state tournament through Saturday night. The Eagles qualified nine to state and will be batting through the brackets at the Memorial Coliseum. Final rounds run Saturday from 6:30-9:45 p.m. Real-time updates can be found at osaa.org/activities/wre.
n Horizon Christian School boys basketball hosts a state playoff game against the Crane Mustangs at 7 p.m. Saturday in the team’s quest for a 1A state title. Arrive early if you want to get a good seat.
n State skiing runs Monday through Friday next week at Mt. Hood Meadows, where HRVHS athletes are expected to make a solid showing. Freestyle events are the first two days, Wednesday is a practice day and the next two days will be downhill action.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill