Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The White Salmon Arts Council is offering $250 for the poster design selected for this year’s Art and Wine Fusion. This is the 10th annual Fusion event in White Salmon, scheduled for Saturday, July 26.
Artists display their work, local wineries offer tastings and musicians perform on Jewett Boulevard in downtown White Salmon.
It’s not too early to start thinking about this summer festival. The White Salmon Arts Council wants lots of people to come and have a great time with their families and friends. To do that people need to know about the event, so the council needs a poster that is unique, interesting, one that grabs and excites, one that’s upbeat and fun.
Poster designs should reflect the festive spirit of the event, fit the 11-by-16-inch portrait format and be suitable for use in other advertising or merchandising. The winning selection becomes the property of the Arts Council.
Examples of past posters may be viewed at http://bit.ly/1dhkMTg.
Digital copies of artwork may be emailed to email@example.com, or original physical artwork may be turned in at Postal Connections, 176 E. Jewett Blvd., White Salmon, WA 98672, or it may be mailed to White Salmon Arts Council, P.O. Box 2221, White Salmon, WA 98672.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, May 15. Contact Miki Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge