Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The Hood River Aquatic Center hosts special open swims and offers scholarships for swim lessons.
Aqua Zumba classes will be offered every Monday morning from 10-11 a.m. and every Monday evening from 6-7 p.m. for the month of March. The cost is general admission to the Aquatic Center, and there is a suggested donation of $1-$2 for the certified instructors.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 p.m., there will be no public lap lanes due to Hood River Valley swim team and water polo practice. On Fridays, there will be no public lanes from 3:30-5 p.m.
In celebration of spring break, the Aquatic Center will host special open swims Monday, March 24, through Friday, March 28, from 1-3:30 p.m. The slide and rope swing will be open, and the party room is available for rental.
The Hood River Aquatic Center is offering swim lesson scholarships to Hood River residents. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the participant must be on the free and reduced lunch program at the school district. For more information, call 541-386-1303.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge