Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The Hood River Aquatic Center hosts special open swims and offers scholarships for swim lessons.
Aqua Zumba classes will be offered every Monday morning from 10-11 a.m. and every Monday evening from 6-7 p.m. for the month of March. The cost is general admission to the Aquatic Center, and there is a suggested donation of $1-$2 for the certified instructors.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 p.m., there will be no public lap lanes due to Hood River Valley swim team and water polo practice. On Fridays, there will be no public lanes from 3:30-5 p.m.
In celebration of spring break, the Aquatic Center will host special open swims Monday, March 24, through Friday, March 28, from 1-3:30 p.m. The slide and rope swing will be open, and the party room is available for rental.
The Hood River Aquatic Center is offering swim lesson scholarships to Hood River residents. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the participant must be on the free and reduced lunch program at the school district. For more information, call 541-386-1303.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill