Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The Hood River Aquatic Center hosts special open swims and offers scholarships for swim lessons.
Aqua Zumba classes will be offered every Monday morning from 10-11 a.m. and every Monday evening from 6-7 p.m. for the month of March. The cost is general admission to the Aquatic Center, and there is a suggested donation of $1-$2 for the certified instructors.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 p.m., there will be no public lap lanes due to Hood River Valley swim team and water polo practice. On Fridays, there will be no public lanes from 3:30-5 p.m.
In celebration of spring break, the Aquatic Center will host special open swims Monday, March 24, through Friday, March 28, from 1-3:30 p.m. The slide and rope swing will be open, and the party room is available for rental.
The Hood River Aquatic Center is offering swim lesson scholarships to Hood River residents. In order to qualify for a scholarship, the participant must be on the free and reduced lunch program at the school district. For more information, call 541-386-1303.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge