Wednesday, March 5, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Jax as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Jax is one cutie-patootie! He’s only about 1 year old and is about 15 pounds, and a good dog. He’s also a happy, playful guy. Happy to bound around! Happy to sit on your lap! Happy to play with other dogs! Happy to sit for a treat! Yep, happy!
“This very engaging guy would be — yes, you guessed it, happy — in an active household. And he loves the snow. He may be small, but he’s got determination, and if there’s fun in the snow, then he’s there! Jax is great on walks, too, and easily handles a couple of miles with gusto. Check out his video on our website to see this happy guy in action.”
Jax is current on shots, microchipped and is neutered. His adoption fee is $165.
The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Jax at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m.
Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- How to Help: Ways to give locally during the holiday season
- USDA invests $13 Million to improve healthcare in Columbia River Gorge
- Local Lure: This holiday, help your community by spending close to home
- Another Voice: County Energy Plan demonstrates leadership and resilience
- Columbia Gorge CASA welcomes new volunteers
- The Porch for Nov. 25 edition
- ‘Chicago’ preparations: Local choreographer offers dance lessons
- ‘The Little Prince’ auditions scheduled for Dec. 11-12
- ‘National Pear Month’ marked in December
- Gleaning: Where surplus and hunger meet
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge