Wednesday, March 5, 2014
April Winfield and Philip Lerud, both of Salem, have announced their engagement. They will be married May 31, 2014, at The Dalles Civic Auditorium.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Debbie and Wynn Winfield, of Hood River.
She is a 2006 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and a 2011 graduate of Western Oregon University. She is currently working at Macy’s in Salem.
The future groom is the son of Ty Lerud and Cheryl Brown, of Portland. He is a 2006 graduate of Centennial High School and a 2011 graduate of Western Oregon University. He works as an office specialist for Oregon Health Authority in Salem.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge