Wednesday, March 5, 2014
April Winfield and Philip Lerud, both of Salem, have announced their engagement. They will be married May 31, 2014, at The Dalles Civic Auditorium.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Debbie and Wynn Winfield, of Hood River.
She is a 2006 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and a 2011 graduate of Western Oregon University. She is currently working at Macy’s in Salem.
The future groom is the son of Ty Lerud and Cheryl Brown, of Portland. He is a 2006 graduate of Centennial High School and a 2011 graduate of Western Oregon University. He works as an office specialist for Oregon Health Authority in Salem.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge