Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River County Forestry issued the following advisory this week: Logging activities for the Blackberry Timber Sale are scheduled to begin during the middle of March. Two clear-cut units will be harvested as part of this sale. One of the units is 39 acres in size and lies to the southeast of the popular Family Man Skills Complex mountain biking area off of Riordan Hill Road. In order to reduce congestion during this time it is recommended that users stage at other locations such as Lower Post Canyon, Seven Streams, or Binns Hill Staging Area.
Some trails that are within or adjacent to this sale will be temporarily closed for safety. Please honor all “Trail Closed” signage until the project has been completed.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge