Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River County Forestry issued the following advisory this week: Logging activities for the Blackberry Timber Sale are scheduled to begin during the middle of March. Two clear-cut units will be harvested as part of this sale. One of the units is 39 acres in size and lies to the southeast of the popular Family Man Skills Complex mountain biking area off of Riordan Hill Road. In order to reduce congestion during this time it is recommended that users stage at other locations such as Lower Post Canyon, Seven Streams, or Binns Hill Staging Area.
Some trails that are within or adjacent to this sale will be temporarily closed for safety. Please honor all “Trail Closed” signage until the project has been completed.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge