Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River County Forestry issued the following advisory this week: Logging activities for the Blackberry Timber Sale are scheduled to begin during the middle of March. Two clear-cut units will be harvested as part of this sale. One of the units is 39 acres in size and lies to the southeast of the popular Family Man Skills Complex mountain biking area off of Riordan Hill Road. In order to reduce congestion during this time it is recommended that users stage at other locations such as Lower Post Canyon, Seven Streams, or Binns Hill Staging Area.
Some trails that are within or adjacent to this sale will be temporarily closed for safety. Please honor all “Trail Closed” signage until the project has been completed.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge