Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River County Forestry issued the following advisory this week: Logging activities for the Blackberry Timber Sale are scheduled to begin during the middle of March. Two clear-cut units will be harvested as part of this sale. One of the units is 39 acres in size and lies to the southeast of the popular Family Man Skills Complex mountain biking area off of Riordan Hill Road. In order to reduce congestion during this time it is recommended that users stage at other locations such as Lower Post Canyon, Seven Streams, or Binns Hill Staging Area.
Some trails that are within or adjacent to this sale will be temporarily closed for safety. Please honor all “Trail Closed” signage until the project has been completed.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge