Saturday, March 8, 2014
Table tennis tourney March 16
Columbia Gorge Table Tennis Club is hosting its third Battle of the Gorge ping pong tournament on Sunday, March 16, at the Hood River Armory. The contest will run from 3 p.m. to about 6:30 p.m. and is open to all players, from newcomers to fast-handed pros. Categories will be separated between beginner and intermediate. Entry fee is $8 for a single, $9 for doubles or $5 for military. CGTTC plays twice a week at the Hood River Armory. Newcomers are always invited. Times are Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Sundays, 3-6:30 p.m.
Free junior golf clinic March 22
Indian Creek Golf Course is hosting a free golf clinic March 22 for young golfers of all ability levels, ages 6-13. The clinic will run from 10:30 a.m. to noon and will include putting, chipping and swinging stations, an opportunity to meet the upcoming HRVHS team and other day-of discounts at the golf course. For details contact Mark Gradin at 541-386-7770.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge