Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River Valley Swim Team sent team members (from left) Chad Klass, Emilio Castaneda, Nadia Smith, Allie Burke and Celilo Brun to the 11-14 Oregon Swimming Championships last weekend at the Osborn Aquatic Center in Corvallis. Highlighting their weekend of racing that saw best times in almost every event the five competed in, were top 10 finishes from Brun (7th 200 IM), Burke (9th 1,650 freestyle), Castaneda (8th 200 IM, 7th 100 fly, 5th 200 freestyle) and Klass (4th, 100 fly).
For Klass and Castaneda, times in their 100 fly and 200 freestyle respectively were fast enough to qualify for the Age Group Regional meet next month.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge