Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River Valley Swim Team sent team members (from left) Chad Klass, Emilio Castaneda, Nadia Smith, Allie Burke and Celilo Brun to the 11-14 Oregon Swimming Championships last weekend at the Osborn Aquatic Center in Corvallis. Highlighting their weekend of racing that saw best times in almost every event the five competed in, were top 10 finishes from Brun (7th 200 IM), Burke (9th 1,650 freestyle), Castaneda (8th 200 IM, 7th 100 fly, 5th 200 freestyle) and Klass (4th, 100 fly).
For Klass and Castaneda, times in their 100 fly and 200 freestyle respectively were fast enough to qualify for the Age Group Regional meet next month.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge