Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River Valley Swim Team sent team members (from left) Chad Klass, Emilio Castaneda, Nadia Smith, Allie Burke and Celilo Brun to the 11-14 Oregon Swimming Championships last weekend at the Osborn Aquatic Center in Corvallis. Highlighting their weekend of racing that saw best times in almost every event the five competed in, were top 10 finishes from Brun (7th 200 IM), Burke (9th 1,650 freestyle), Castaneda (8th 200 IM, 7th 100 fly, 5th 200 freestyle) and Klass (4th, 100 fly).
For Klass and Castaneda, times in their 100 fly and 200 freestyle respectively were fast enough to qualify for the Age Group Regional meet next month.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge