Saturday, March 8, 2014
Hood River Valley Swim Team sent team members (from left) Chad Klass, Emilio Castaneda, Nadia Smith, Allie Burke and Celilo Brun to the 11-14 Oregon Swimming Championships last weekend at the Osborn Aquatic Center in Corvallis. Highlighting their weekend of racing that saw best times in almost every event the five competed in, were top 10 finishes from Brun (7th 200 IM), Burke (9th 1,650 freestyle), Castaneda (8th 200 IM, 7th 100 fly, 5th 200 freestyle) and Klass (4th, 100 fly).
For Klass and Castaneda, times in their 100 fly and 200 freestyle respectively were fast enough to qualify for the Age Group Regional meet next month.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge