Saturday, March 8, 2014
Local blues singer Tess Barr is excited to finally announce the long-awaited release of her new CD, “Do What You Want.” The band will be celebrating at the CD release party at Double Mountain Brewery on Saturday, March 29, from 8-11 p.m.
This new CD was several years in the making and consists of 12 tracks covering a broad range of music. Most songs are originals with the exception of the Junior Wells’ song “Little By Little,” a regular in the band’s live set.
Several of these songs were written years ago, including some by Tess’ husband, Patrik.
The CD includes “Blues For the Avatar,” a song written for the soundtrack for a 1996 movie of the same name, and an original Christmas song that has always been popular with fans.
Tess has fronted many bands — from solo gigs to large bands for over 30 years. She has also been a featured NW Woman and Blues artist and guest starred with many artists. Her beloved blues heroes Koko Taylor, Katie Webster, Janis Joplin, Elmore James, Junior Wells and Hound Dog Taylor heavily influence Tess’ singing and songwriting style.
Tess and Patrik own and operate Hood Crest Winery in Hood River.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge