Saturday, March 8, 2014
Local blues singer Tess Barr is excited to finally announce the long-awaited release of her new CD, “Do What You Want.” The band will be celebrating at the CD release party at Double Mountain Brewery on Saturday, March 29, from 8-11 p.m.
This new CD was several years in the making and consists of 12 tracks covering a broad range of music. Most songs are originals with the exception of the Junior Wells’ song “Little By Little,” a regular in the band’s live set.
Several of these songs were written years ago, including some by Tess’ husband, Patrik.
The CD includes “Blues For the Avatar,” a song written for the soundtrack for a 1996 movie of the same name, and an original Christmas song that has always been popular with fans.
Tess has fronted many bands — from solo gigs to large bands for over 30 years. She has also been a featured NW Woman and Blues artist and guest starred with many artists. Her beloved blues heroes Koko Taylor, Katie Webster, Janis Joplin, Elmore James, Junior Wells and Hound Dog Taylor heavily influence Tess’ singing and songwriting style.
Tess and Patrik own and operate Hood Crest Winery in Hood River.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge