Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Howard L. Rice, 92, a resident of The Dalles, Ore., and former resident of Hood River, Ore., died at home Saturday, March 8, 2014.
Arrangements are under the direction of Spencer, Libby and Powell Funeral Home, 1100 Kelly Ave., The Dalles; 541-296-3234.
More like this story
- Death announcements for April 19: Dale Harris, Dalia Medina, Avis Hunt, Alan Shaw, Howard Caldwell, Fern Bodeen and George Bryson
- Death notices for Feb. 1: Lori Lemmer, Howard Miller and Nathaniel Preyapongpisan
- Death notices for March 18: Michele Fleming, Steve Leavitt and Howard Goodwin
- Death notices for March 4: John Andres, Lloyd LeSollen and Ardyce Edling
- Death notices for March 11: Betty Gray and Reba Hall
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge