Wednesday, March 12, 2014
An all-new AARP Safe Driver Class will be held March 12-13 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Providence Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River.
Skills for driving safer in modern traffic are explored in this six-hour seminar. Through discussion and reading, examine and refine driving practices. Develop safer, defensive driving techniques. No road testing or road driving is required, and this class does not require passing a written test. Qualification for insurance discount requires full-time attendance.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 non-members; fee covers cost of materials. Participants will receive updated DMV information as well as a driver’s manual.
Bring your driver’s license and a ball point pen; lunch items okay, too.
To register call Community Education at 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge