Wednesday, March 12, 2014
An all-new AARP Safe Driver Class will be held March 12-13 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Providence Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River.
Skills for driving safer in modern traffic are explored in this six-hour seminar. Through discussion and reading, examine and refine driving practices. Develop safer, defensive driving techniques. No road testing or road driving is required, and this class does not require passing a written test. Qualification for insurance discount requires full-time attendance.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 non-members; fee covers cost of materials. Participants will receive updated DMV information as well as a driver’s manual.
Bring your driver’s license and a ball point pen; lunch items okay, too.
To register call Community Education at 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge