Wednesday, March 12, 2014
An all-new AARP Safe Driver Class will be held March 12-13 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Providence Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River.
Skills for driving safer in modern traffic are explored in this six-hour seminar. Through discussion and reading, examine and refine driving practices. Develop safer, defensive driving techniques. No road testing or road driving is required, and this class does not require passing a written test. Qualification for insurance discount requires full-time attendance.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 non-members; fee covers cost of materials. Participants will receive updated DMV information as well as a driver’s manual.
Bring your driver’s license and a ball point pen; lunch items okay, too.
To register call Community Education at 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge