Wednesday, March 12, 2014
An all-new AARP Safe Driver Class will be held March 12-13 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Providence Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River.
Skills for driving safer in modern traffic are explored in this six-hour seminar. Through discussion and reading, examine and refine driving practices. Develop safer, defensive driving techniques. No road testing or road driving is required, and this class does not require passing a written test. Qualification for insurance discount requires full-time attendance.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 non-members; fee covers cost of materials. Participants will receive updated DMV information as well as a driver’s manual.
Bring your driver’s license and a ball point pen; lunch items okay, too.
To register call Community Education at 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge