Wednesday, March 12, 2014
An all-new AARP Safe Driver Class will be held March 12-13 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Providence Down Manor, 1950 Sterling Place, Hood River.
Skills for driving safer in modern traffic are explored in this six-hour seminar. Through discussion and reading, examine and refine driving practices. Develop safer, defensive driving techniques. No road testing or road driving is required, and this class does not require passing a written test. Qualification for insurance discount requires full-time attendance.
Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 non-members; fee covers cost of materials. Participants will receive updated DMV information as well as a driver’s manual.
Bring your driver’s license and a ball point pen; lunch items okay, too.
To register call Community Education at 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge