Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Columbia Gorge Community College is hosting an annual Renewable Energy Technology Career Fair for enrolled students on April 4 from 10 a.m. to noon. This career fair attracts highly skilled RET students with experience in electrical systems, mechanical systems, and electronics with a focus on the renewable-energy industry.
Many RET students have previous degrees or extensive life experience. Employers from any realm of the RET sector — wind, solar, hydro and electronics, and advanced manufacturing — are invited to attend to share information about their company and/or jobs in the sector.
Employers are encouraged to register today to secure a booth space for the fair. Employers may register to have a booth at the event by visiting the RET website at http://bit.ly/1f6Pgtv. The event will be held at CGCC The Dalles campus. Electricity and wireless Internet are available on an as-needed basis.
About the Renewable Energy Technology Program: Students in the RET program may receive a nine-month certificate or a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. Both programs have coursework in electrical engineering, mechanics, and electronics.
The nine-month certificate program prepares students for employment in renewable energy with a focus on the wind industry. The two-year degree program prepares students for employment in a broad range of industries including wind-generation, hydro-generation, solar-generation, automated manufacturing and engineering.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge