Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The following is a list of events for Lent and Easter week events at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road. Community members are invited to any of these activities.
Through April 6 — Sunday evening Lenten soup suppers and study sessions, 5-7 p.m. Come for one session or for all.
Soup Supper will be served at 5 p.m. followed by group studies for all ages. Child care will be provided for the youngest children. Each evening concludes in a brief time of song, reflection and meditation, finishing before 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 13 — Palm Sunday worship, 10:30 a.m., with Parade of Palms processional
Thursday, April 17 —Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m., featuring the chancel choir performing a cantata called “The Shadow of the Cross” under the direction of Carolyn Ternahan
Saturday, April 19 — The Hoppening, 10 a.m., for all ages: breakfast, program, egg hunt
Sunday, April 20 — Easter Sunday
7 a.m. Early worship
8-9:15 a.m. Breakfast served by church youth
9:30 a.m. Sunday school classes for all ages
10:30 a.m. Easter worship
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge