Saturday, March 15, 2014
The Hood River Valley High School Speech and Debate Team is hosting the OSAA District 9 Speech and Debate Championships this year, on April 5 from 9 a.m. to about 7 p.m.
Adult volunteers are needed to judge, according to Jonathan Estey, coach at HRV, who will be organizer of the event, held at HRVHS.
“We need community judges of all experience levels,” Estey said. “It takes 45-50 judges to run an event like this smoothly, so we need all the help we can get.” The students compete in a variety of events, from single and dual debate to impromptu.
High school students will compete for the chance to go to the state championships on April 24, 25, and 26.
Participating teams will be from Hood River Valley, Horizon Christian, Hermiston, Pine Eagle, and Ione high schools. Volunteers can contact Estey at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge