Saturday, March 15, 2014
The Hood River Valley High School Speech and Debate Team is hosting the OSAA District 9 Speech and Debate Championships this year, on April 5 from 9 a.m. to about 7 p.m.
Adult volunteers are needed to judge, according to Jonathan Estey, coach at HRV, who will be organizer of the event, held at HRVHS.
“We need community judges of all experience levels,” Estey said. “It takes 45-50 judges to run an event like this smoothly, so we need all the help we can get.” The students compete in a variety of events, from single and dual debate to impromptu.
High school students will compete for the chance to go to the state championships on April 24, 25, and 26.
Participating teams will be from Hood River Valley, Horizon Christian, Hermiston, Pine Eagle, and Ione high schools. Volunteers can contact Estey at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge