Saturday, March 15, 2014
The Hood River Valley High School Speech and Debate Team is hosting the OSAA District 9 Speech and Debate Championships this year, on April 5 from 9 a.m. to about 7 p.m.
Adult volunteers are needed to judge, according to Jonathan Estey, coach at HRV, who will be organizer of the event, held at HRVHS.
“We need community judges of all experience levels,” Estey said. “It takes 45-50 judges to run an event like this smoothly, so we need all the help we can get.” The students compete in a variety of events, from single and dual debate to impromptu.
High school students will compete for the chance to go to the state championships on April 24, 25, and 26.
Participating teams will be from Hood River Valley, Horizon Christian, Hermiston, Pine Eagle, and Ione high schools. Volunteers can contact Estey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays