Saturday, March 15, 2014
CSRT names standout racers
Cooper Spur Race Team competed in the recent U12 championships at Mt. Hood Meadows, where the best young racers in Oregon raced slalom and giant slalom while battling challenging conditions, rain and snow.
CSRT’s 12-person team was led in results by four-tear team member Josh Nardone, who established himself as the fastest 11-year-old in Oregon by finishing first in the both events. On the girl side, Francise Melby was second in slalom, Annika Howell was seventh, Kathy Kaimaktchiev was 10th and Annie Hendrickson was 13th. Sarah Davies (9) was the only U10 on the team to make the top 15, finishing in 15th place in the slalom.
Members of the team compete this weekend in the Buddy Werner Championships at Crystal Mountain, which brings together the best U14 skiers in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
ICMGA season tees-off
The Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association held its opening day tournament last week. The 2-Man Scramble format saw the dynamic duo of Dennis Thomas and Roger Barry turn in a 9 under par 63 for a one stroke win over the team of Kevin Morgan and Tyson Jacobs.
Winners on the net side were the team of Jim Slusher and YoYo Cervantes, who also claimed a one shot victory with a 61, edging out Mitchell Huru and Steve Tessmer.
The next ICMGA tournament is the two-day Spring Handicap being March 29-30. Sign-up sheets are available at the Indian Creek Pro Shop.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge