Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Educators and employers will come together in the first-ever “Columbia Gorge Education and Industry Summit,” April 18 on The Dalles Campus of Columbia Gorge Community College.
The mission of this bi-state event is “Industry Understands Education; Education Understands Industry.” CGCC, Clark College, Oregon State University, Washington State University, other public and private institutions, industry representatives, Oregon and Washington school administrators, early childhood educators and regional economic development professionals are working together in planning the summit.
Keynote speakers are OSU President Dr. Ed Ray and Dr. Mel Netzhammer, chancellor of WSU Vancouver campus. Expert panels will address education and training, economic development and private industry.
In addition to the panels, working groups will be formed around key issues; an informal networking reception will follow.
Private employers, early childhood and K-12 administrators, instructors and counselors are encouraged to participate.
To register, visit cgcc.edu/gorgesummit.
The summit is one of several activities arising from a 2012 series of forums called “Stronger Economies Together,” organized by Mid-Columbia Economic Development District and USDA Rural Development. The forums identified barriers to economic growth. For details, visit mcedd.org.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge