Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Educators and employers will come together in the first-ever “Columbia Gorge Education and Industry Summit,” April 18 on The Dalles Campus of Columbia Gorge Community College.
The mission of this bi-state event is “Industry Understands Education; Education Understands Industry.” CGCC, Clark College, Oregon State University, Washington State University, other public and private institutions, industry representatives, Oregon and Washington school administrators, early childhood educators and regional economic development professionals are working together in planning the summit.
Keynote speakers are OSU President Dr. Ed Ray and Dr. Mel Netzhammer, chancellor of WSU Vancouver campus. Expert panels will address education and training, economic development and private industry.
In addition to the panels, working groups will be formed around key issues; an informal networking reception will follow.
Private employers, early childhood and K-12 administrators, instructors and counselors are encouraged to participate.
To register, visit cgcc.edu/gorgesummit.
The summit is one of several activities arising from a 2012 series of forums called “Stronger Economies Together,” organized by Mid-Columbia Economic Development District and USDA Rural Development. The forums identified barriers to economic growth. For details, visit mcedd.org.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge