Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Three place at MS wrestling state
Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers were in Woodburn over the weekend competing in the Middle School State Championships. Each school qualified five wrestlers for the tournament by placing in the top of their regional brackets the weekend prior. Leading the way was HRMS’s Jason Shaner, who finished second. Teammate Adrian Ramirez was fourth overall and Wy’east’s Chad Muenzer was fifth.
Register now for 11-week Hood River Co-Ed Adult Soccer League
The Hood River adult co-ed soccer league is forming teams for its 11-weeks eason starting at the end of this mont. Games will be played Monday through Thursday evenings, 6 p.m. at St. Mary’s field. Each team will have one game per week for the season, followed by a week of playoff games starting June 9.
This year the league is adding one new team, which will open slots for new players. Interested players can also be added to existing teams if slots are available.
For more informaiton, contact organizer Carly McNeil at email@example.com or 541-400-1015.
Submit sports birefs
Send sports-related announcements, event information, league/game reports, athlete updates, story ideas or news tips to the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-386-1234.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge