Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Three place at MS wrestling state
Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers were in Woodburn over the weekend competing in the Middle School State Championships. Each school qualified five wrestlers for the tournament by placing in the top of their regional brackets the weekend prior. Leading the way was HRMS’s Jason Shaner, who finished second. Teammate Adrian Ramirez was fourth overall and Wy’east’s Chad Muenzer was fifth.
Register now for 11-week Hood River Co-Ed Adult Soccer League
The Hood River adult co-ed soccer league is forming teams for its 11-weeks eason starting at the end of this mont. Games will be played Monday through Thursday evenings, 6 p.m. at St. Mary’s field. Each team will have one game per week for the season, followed by a week of playoff games starting June 9.
This year the league is adding one new team, which will open slots for new players. Interested players can also be added to existing teams if slots are available.
For more informaiton, contact organizer Carly McNeil at email@example.com or 541-400-1015.
Submit sports birefs
Send sports-related announcements, event information, league/game reports, athlete updates, story ideas or news tips to the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-386-1234.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge