Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Three place at MS wrestling state
Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers were in Woodburn over the weekend competing in the Middle School State Championships. Each school qualified five wrestlers for the tournament by placing in the top of their regional brackets the weekend prior. Leading the way was HRMS’s Jason Shaner, who finished second. Teammate Adrian Ramirez was fourth overall and Wy’east’s Chad Muenzer was fifth.
Register now for 11-week Hood River Co-Ed Adult Soccer League
The Hood River adult co-ed soccer league is forming teams for its 11-weeks eason starting at the end of this mont. Games will be played Monday through Thursday evenings, 6 p.m. at St. Mary’s field. Each team will have one game per week for the season, followed by a week of playoff games starting June 9.
This year the league is adding one new team, which will open slots for new players. Interested players can also be added to existing teams if slots are available.
For more informaiton, contact organizer Carly McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-400-1015.
Submit sports birefs
Send sports-related announcements, event information, league/game reports, athlete updates, story ideas or news tips to the following:
email@example.com or 541-386-1234.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge