Friday, March 21, 2014
Samuel Jason Thompson, of Junction City, Ore., died after a skiing accident in Switzerland, Feb. 18, 2014. Sam was born in Eugene, Ore., on July 18, 1969.
A Celebration of Life has been arranged for Saturday, March 22, at Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97405, from 1-3 p.m. The Celebration of Life will continue at Belknap Springs on the McKenzie River, where friends and family will gather Saturday evening until Monday morning.
Owen C. Stolte, 14, passed away March 20, 2014, surrounded by those he loved at his home in Hood River, Ore. Owen was born May 17, 1999.
A celebration of Owen's life will be held Saturday, March 22, at 4 p.m. at 1835 Avalon Way, Hood River.
A full life story will run in a later edition but friends are invited to visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
More like this story
- Hood River County to direct $550K for park septic fixes
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge