Friday, March 21, 2014
Samuel Jason Thompson, of Junction City, Ore., died after a skiing accident in Switzerland, Feb. 18, 2014. Sam was born in Eugene, Ore., on July 18, 1969.
A Celebration of Life has been arranged for Saturday, March 22, at Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97405, from 1-3 p.m. The Celebration of Life will continue at Belknap Springs on the McKenzie River, where friends and family will gather Saturday evening until Monday morning.
Owen C. Stolte, 14, passed away March 20, 2014, surrounded by those he loved at his home in Hood River, Ore. Owen was born May 17, 1999.
A celebration of Owen's life will be held Saturday, March 22, at 4 p.m. at 1835 Avalon Way, Hood River.
A full life story will run in a later edition but friends are invited to visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge