Friday, March 21, 2014
Samuel Jason Thompson, of Junction City, Ore., died after a skiing accident in Switzerland, Feb. 18, 2014. Sam was born in Eugene, Ore., on July 18, 1969.
A Celebration of Life has been arranged for Saturday, March 22, at Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97405, from 1-3 p.m. The Celebration of Life will continue at Belknap Springs on the McKenzie River, where friends and family will gather Saturday evening until Monday morning.
Owen C. Stolte, 14, passed away March 20, 2014, surrounded by those he loved at his home in Hood River, Ore. Owen was born May 17, 1999.
A celebration of Owen's life will be held Saturday, March 22, at 4 p.m. at 1835 Avalon Way, Hood River.
A full life story will run in a later edition but friends are invited to visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge