Saturday, March 22, 2014
Riverside Community Church invites community members to gather on Tuesday evenings at 7 p.m. for a peaceful time of prayer, candlelight and meditative music.
The contemplative worship style and music of Taizé originates from a spiritual community in southeast France that now draws tens of thousands of people from throughout the world for retreats and spiritual rejuvenation.
“The simplicity and peace offered by Taizé has made it a beloved spiritual practice for many people — especially those who yearn for moments of stillness and peace in the midst of our incessantly busy and noisy world,” said Rev. Vicky Stifter.
The 45-minute Taizé services begin at 7 p.m. on March 25, April 1, April 8 and April 15. Those who would like to come early are invited to arrive at 6:45 for centering music in the candlelit sanctuary. Riverside Church is located in downtown Hood River at the corner of Fourth and State streets. For more information call 541-386-1412.
Faith communities are encouraged to submit their information on events, concerts, meetings, special sermons, and other topics, c/o church notes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The items typically run on this page in the weekend edition.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge