Saturday, March 22, 2014
Cheryl Rohan of Crestline Construction, The Dalles, will teach a traffic control (flagging) class March 29 beginning at 10 a.m. at the Crestline Construction office, 3600 Crates Way, The Dalles.
Rohan has 24 years of construction experience and is a flagging instructor, traffic control supervisor, certified flagger and pilot car escort. She has instructed emergency personnel and EMTs, Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service firefighters, city firefighters and fire chiefs, construction workers, veterans and the general public.
The class is Oregon Department of Transportation approved through Chemeketa Community College. Certification is good for three years and is recognized in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. To register, call Rohan at 541-620-1702; space is limited, and early registration is strongly encouraged.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge