Wednesday, March 26, 2014
The OSU Master Gardener Association wants to make the west border of the library landscaping beautiful again so that it is an asset to the park, not an eyesore. Public participation is welcome.
Coming soon is an opportunity for fans of the library to provide a much needed service and, at the same time, work and learn along with Master Gardeners. Volunteers are needed to help the Master Gardeners explore ways to restore an out-of-control garden.
They are planning a three-hour hands-on session that will begin with a needs assessment of the border and establishing a plan of action. Learning objectives for the session will include:
n Plant identification
n Pruning perennials, roses and other shrubs
n Cutting back ornamental grasses
n Digging and dividing plants
n Strategies for weed control and sustaining a garden
n Learning more about the OSU Master Gardener Program
At the end of the session the Master Gardeners will evaluate the accomplishments of the group and identify any additional needs, inviting ideas from participants.
This date of this event is Saturday, April 5, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 12 is being held as a rain date.
Community members are encouraged to come and enjoy this group project. If you have pruners, hand rakes, landscape shovels, weeding tools, bring them; if not, there will be tools available. Garden gloves are recommended.
Meet at the border, at Sixth and Oak, to help the Master Gardeners see what can be accomplished together. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge