Wednesday, March 26, 2014
A first of its kind in Hood River County, the May 31 Hood 2 River Relay Race is a six-stage event starting on the slopes of Mt. Hood Meadows and ending at the Hood River waterfront, with stages of alpine skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, road biking, running and paddling in between. The event is being put on by the Gorge-based event management company, Breakaway Promotions.
Categories include singles, doubles, teams of six, high school teams, family teams and business teams, and stages are designed to be friendly enough for most healthy people to be able to participate. Online registraiton is open and is cheapest if done by April 1.
For more information on the event or to register, visit hood2riverrelay.com.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge