Wednesday, March 26, 2014
A first of its kind in Hood River County, the May 31 Hood 2 River Relay Race is a six-stage event starting on the slopes of Mt. Hood Meadows and ending at the Hood River waterfront, with stages of alpine skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, road biking, running and paddling in between. The event is being put on by the Gorge-based event management company, Breakaway Promotions.
Categories include singles, doubles, teams of six, high school teams, family teams and business teams, and stages are designed to be friendly enough for most healthy people to be able to participate. Online registraiton is open and is cheapest if done by April 1.
For more information on the event or to register, visit hood2riverrelay.com.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill