Wednesday, March 26, 2014
A first of its kind in Hood River County, the May 31 Hood 2 River Relay Race is a six-stage event starting on the slopes of Mt. Hood Meadows and ending at the Hood River waterfront, with stages of alpine skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, road biking, running and paddling in between. The event is being put on by the Gorge-based event management company, Breakaway Promotions.
Categories include singles, doubles, teams of six, high school teams, family teams and business teams, and stages are designed to be friendly enough for most healthy people to be able to participate. Online registraiton is open and is cheapest if done by April 1.
For more information on the event or to register, visit hood2riverrelay.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge