Wednesday, March 26, 2014
A first of its kind in Hood River County, the May 31 Hood 2 River Relay Race is a six-stage event starting on the slopes of Mt. Hood Meadows and ending at the Hood River waterfront, with stages of alpine skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, road biking, running and paddling in between. The event is being put on by the Gorge-based event management company, Breakaway Promotions.
Categories include singles, doubles, teams of six, high school teams, family teams and business teams, and stages are designed to be friendly enough for most healthy people to be able to participate. Online registraiton is open and is cheapest if done by April 1.
For more information on the event or to register, visit hood2riverrelay.com.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge