Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Beta Sigma Phi will host a blood drive Wednesday, March 26, from 12:30-6:30 p.m. at the Hood River Armory.
In our area, someone needs blood every two seconds. Therefore, it takes the effort of blood donors every business day to help ensure that an adequate blood supply is available for patients in local or area hospitals.
Any healthy person age 18 (age 16-17 with signed parental consent) or older and weighing at least 110 pounds may be eligible to donate blood. Valid identification is required for all donations.
To schedule an appointment, call Margo Parker at 541-387-3669, or visit redcrossblood.org (sponsor code: hoodriver).
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge