Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Beta Sigma Phi will host a blood drive Wednesday, March 26, from 12:30-6:30 p.m. at the Hood River Armory.
In our area, someone needs blood every two seconds. Therefore, it takes the effort of blood donors every business day to help ensure that an adequate blood supply is available for patients in local or area hospitals.
Any healthy person age 18 (age 16-17 with signed parental consent) or older and weighing at least 110 pounds may be eligible to donate blood. Valid identification is required for all donations.
To schedule an appointment, call Margo Parker at 541-387-3669, or visit redcrossblood.org (sponsor code: hoodriver).
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge