Saturday, March 29, 2014
Federal tax forms are available at Hood River County libraries. While library staff are not able to provide tax advice or preparation assistance, they can help you locate the specific forms that you may need online or from their binder of reproducible tax forms.
AARP Tax-Aide is also available at the Hood River Library (502 State St.) on Mondays from 2-7 p.m. and the Hood River Valley Adult Center (2010 Sterling Place) on Thursdays from 2-7 p.m. through April 15. Library computers are also available for people who would like to submit their taxes online through programs such as FreeFile, TurboTax, or TaxAct.
Oregon tax forms are not available at the libraries. However, they can be downloaded for free from the Oregon Department of Revenue’s website, http://www.ore-gon.gov/DOR. Taxpayers may also call 800-356-4222 to have the forms mailed.
More information on the tax forms available, AARP’s Tax Aide service, and walkthroughs on how to locate tax forms online are available at http://bit.ly/1h3njxK.
For more information, contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge