Saturday, March 29, 2014
Federal tax forms are available at Hood River County libraries. While library staff are not able to provide tax advice or preparation assistance, they can help you locate the specific forms that you may need online or from their binder of reproducible tax forms.
AARP Tax-Aide is also available at the Hood River Library (502 State St.) on Mondays from 2-7 p.m. and the Hood River Valley Adult Center (2010 Sterling Place) on Thursdays from 2-7 p.m. through April 15. Library computers are also available for people who would like to submit their taxes online through programs such as FreeFile, TurboTax, or TaxAct.
Oregon tax forms are not available at the libraries. However, they can be downloaded for free from the Oregon Department of Revenue’s website, http://www.ore-gon.gov/DOR. Taxpayers may also call 800-356-4222 to have the forms mailed.
More information on the tax forms available, AARP’s Tax Aide service, and walkthroughs on how to locate tax forms online are available at http://bit.ly/1h3njxK.
For more information, contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or email@example.com, or visit hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge