Saturday, March 29, 2014
Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Area hosts its annual Spring Brew Fest on Sunday, featuring beers from Widmer, Kona, Double Mountain, Laurelwood, Everybody's, Full Sail, Naked Winery and Hood River Cider Works.
The event is scheduled to take place outdoors, on the resort’s sun deck, but may be moved inside to the Vertical Restaraunt if weather conditions are unfavorable.
This event is open to anyone 21 or over with a valid photo ID. A $12 entrance fee gets guests a glass mug and four chits to be redeemed for tastings; additional chits can be purchased for $1 each.
In addition, a raffle every 30 minutes will distribute plenty of prizes.
n The resort will conclude its night operations after this weekend — a special $20 ticket will be sold Sunday to commemorate the last night of the season. In addition, the resort announced recently that it will be open daily through April 27, plus bonus weekends in May to close out the season.
For more information visit www.skihood.com.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge