Saturday, May 3, 2014
Horizon baseball defeats Condon
The Horizon Christian School baseball team won its first league contests this week in a doubleheader sweep over Condon/Wheeler on Monday afternoon. The first game was a nail-biter, with the Hawks eking out a 3-2 come-from-behind win. The second was another story; Horizon won 10-0 in five innings. The team, now 6-6 overall, has a doubleheader Saturday at Pilot Rock before returning home May 6 for a 4:30 p.m. contest vs. Culver.
Hershey’s Track Meet is May 10
The annual Hershey’s Track Meet will take place Saturday, May 10, at Hood River Valley High School, starting at 11 a.m. The meet is open to Hood River County residents only and participants must be between the ages of 9 and 14 (as of Dec. 31). For more info or to register, visit hersheystrackandfield.com or contact event organizer Troy Tactay at email@example.com.
CrossFit HR hosts celebration
CrossFit Hood River is hosting a celebration in honor of its one-year anniversary of moving to its new location and purchasing the former Big Gym. The free party is May 10: A 5K run/walk/bike will start at 1 p.m. from the gym, followed by a 5 p.m. celebration at the same location with food, drinks, a drawing and more.
Gorge FC home game Saturday
Gorge FC hosts Seattle Sporting at 7 p.m. Saturday at Hood River Valley High School in semi-pro soccer action. Tickets are $7 at the door For info see gorgefc.com.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events