Saturday, May 10, 2014
THE DALLES — The Columbia Gorge Discovery Center is offering free admission to everyone during the annual Mother’s Day Extravaganza on May 11. The first 50 mothers will receive a special gift from the Columbia River Trading Company.
The Basalt Rock Café will be open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will feature items from the daily menu. Order a specialty salad, artisan sandwich or wrap, and enjoy the open-air patio.
If you want to treat mom to a special lunch, a prime rib dinner plate will be available, with mashed potatoes, green beans seasoned with bacon, and dinner roll for $19.50.
Take a guided wildflower identification walk at 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Live raptor shows will be at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Columbia River Trading Co. will offer 20 percent off sale storewide.
Native plant seedlings from Milestone Nursery will be for sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The nursery, of Lyle, Wash., is a member of the Native Plant Network, and shares resources and talents which help conserve the Gorge’s native plants.
Gardening with native plants supports the ecological integrity of the Gorge and helps to maintain and extend the plant population.
Donna Enz brings her green thumb and knowledge of native plants to help with the sale.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge